Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Phone Call With Ariel

Now when you involve my uncle action is taken. He thinks with a level head and with a clear mind and when he speaks people listen. His goal was to make me happy and to help relieve my pain. He saw my tears, my frustration and he couldn't take anymore. He starts to make phone calls... the first one was to Barry. The second was to Pam. Then the third was to me.
His concern... if Ariel would run away again. He wanted to make sure that this wasn't all a waste of time. If he went out there to retrieve her he wanted to make sure that she was would be there and not prompted to leave. (At that point he told Pam that if he had to come back there and found her missing he would have authorities on one side, lawyers on the other and a lawsuit in the middle ~ he phrased it differently.) When he talked to me he told me that he was going to call Ariel and advise her to call me. At that time I needed to make sure that she came home willingly.
Ah... god... what am I going to say to a kid who hates me to persuade her that I love her and she needs to be at home with me?
So for an hour or so I struggled with what to say and concluded that when she called I would go with my feelings at the time...
Eventually Ariel called and we talked... She said that she had two things to talk to me about.
First of all she related the way she treated Aaron to me. "You know how I pick on Aaron but I don't like it when others do it?"
"Yes, it's called being siblings."
"Well, that's what happen with you."
My thoughts, my feelings, my concerns have been confirmed with that one statement. Apparently, Ariel had talked crap about me with her "Hate my mom" Club and it was okay as long as no one else said anything... now they were and she didn't like it.

At this point I started to cry... "it hurts Ariel. It hurts when people tear you down."

Her second point she wanted to say was this...
"I thought about how you would feel having me gone from you and I think you would hurt."
"Yes I would Ariel." And then I explained to her that it was like my child was dead and I couldn't hold her and help her. All I could do was talk to her. So in some ways I had it better than a parent who lost a child. But I feel pain, hurt and I'm an emotional wreck without her.

We talked for a over an hour and concluded her place was back home with me. She asked me about Barry and if it was true we were getting a divorce, I told her yes. She said she didn't care to know why but wanted me to make sure my reason was because I didn't want to deal with the issues.

Ariel called me three times that day each time her mood was better. I could sense that she was happy that I was making her coming home.
Plans were made that Nov 1 she would fly in and I would pick her up.

I'm happy... and at peace. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home