Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Process of Ariel Leaving To Michigan

The decision of my mother in law was to ship my daughter out to Michigan to live with my husband's sister. Okay... the thought is a good one, Ariel would learn that life has rules no matter where you go. But after having to deal with the mother-in-law I started to wonder what their intentions exactly were?

So, I asked... why is [Barry's sister] taking Ariel?

REPLY: Because she knows how to handle girls. (True, the woman has 4 girls, two of which are out of the house, and one is Ariel's age) {MY THOUGHTS: She knows what's doing and you believe that I don't.}

What did you say to make [Barry's sister] want to take on Ariel and her issues?
REPLY: Oh nothing... I just told her that Ariel is a good kid. {MY THOUGHTS: This is a half truth, she may have said this but that's not all that was discussed.}

Is that it? Is that all you said for [Barry's sister] to take Ariel?
REPLY: yes. {Okay that's a lie or [Barry's sister] is an idiot. More had to have been said that they don't want me to know about.} NOTE: I asked Barry's sister in law, who too said she would take Ariel, and she didn't say. She intentional avoided the question.

Okay that whole thing seemed fishy to me, but I kind of sat on it for the time.

Then came buying a plane ticket. Apparently I wasn't doing a good enough job so [Barry's sister]took over and found perfect tickets. I'm slightly irritated but nothing that a good night sleep won't cure. {MY THOUGHTS: Again, I'm not good enough}
Then came the conversation of the Birth Certificate...
"I need Ariel's birth certificate" Mother-in-law claims.
"Why?" I ask...
"For her to board the airplane."
"Then I'll make sure she has it when she boards."
"Well it needs to be an official one, not one from the hosiptal." {MY THOUGHTS: DUH!!!!} "Does she have one?"
"When the time comes it'll be taken care of." I reply.
"Oh okay." {MY THOUGHTS: I silenced her... yeah *smiles evil grin*}
When my husband gets home mother-in-law calls again... and questions him about the birth cert. Which in turn he looks to me for answers. "I've already been through this with her before." I told him.
"Just tell me so I can get her to back off. Is it an official one or not" (Okay this isn't his exact wording but it's the just of it)
"When the time comes it'll be taken care of." I reply coldly.
He then says, "She just wants to make sure it's not from the hosipital."
I repeat myself "When the time comes it'll be take care of."
He repeats my words to his mother slightly annoyed with me.
When he gets off the phone I ask him, "So in all of our marriage have I ever not done what I say I'm going to do?"
He thought for a moment then replied, "No."
"Then why worry about it if I say it'll happen then it'll happen." I then turned away from him annoyed that neither one of them trusted me. Now... just to make things known later that night I told him that the hospital certificate is no good, it's just for looks. And I understand his mother's concerns but I had both and there was no need to stress over it. Maybe I was in the wrong for keeping the info back from her, but I just don't see why she needed to make sure. Tell me and let me deal with the situation. I had it covered, there was really no situation to deal with in my eyes but her insisting on asking about the birth cert. Which stopped that night I told my husband the truth. {MY THOUGHTS: Coincidence? I think not}

So we move onto the next situation dealing with Ariel leaving...
Barry talks to his sister and they need the following: SS#, Birth Cert, Paper saying that [Barry's sister] has guardianship over Ariel, and vaccination record and her school records.
First Barry tells me of the list... okay no problem.
Next day Barry's mother calls me and tells me. I explained to her that the school records are normally not given out for public access, schools only give them to other schools. But I told her I would check into it, give me an hour. I was busy working at the moment. I did check into it but I hadn't gotten right back to her. Exactly an hour after our first conversation she called me. I told her that I was right, when Ariel is signed up in school back there that school will get ahold of Ariel's current school and her current school will immediately fax that information over all they needed was the school name and address and phone and fax numbers... how do I know this... the lady at Ariel's current school who is in charge of student records is a close friend of mine and I watch her kids 5 days a week. So hey... I know without a shadow of doubt that I'm right about this... it's what I was told by my friend.
Day after that... Barry gives me the list again and says two things. His sister called him at work and she needed the orginal Birth Certificate and Ariel's school records.
"First all... they might get a copy of the BC, but they aren't getting the orginal one. Secondly... who did you talk to about this?"
"My sister."
Okay I gave a funny look... "She called you at work?"
"Well, no. My mom called me at work with the list, she apparently got it from my sister."
{MY THOUGHTS: okay wasn't that just a lie then? Did he not just lie to me? Why would he lie to me?}
I'm slightly annoyed...
Later that night... Mother-in-law called Barry and asked him about the list. He turned to me. *smiles evil grin* "When the time comes it'll be dealt with." I told him to tell her. He did so, talks a little more with her and hangs up and then tells me that the letter of guardianship needs to be notarized.

{MY THOUGHTS: This is strange, and very persistant and I feeling a little uneasy over the situation.}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home