Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Calling Ariel

This may seem petty but it struck me odd... and of course it could all be just me too.

Ariel started her new school on Monday and didn't call me. So on Tuesday, yesterday I called her. But she wasn't home so I left a message on a machine for her to give me a call and let me know how things went.
When my husband came home, some 30 minutes later he mentions that he wanted to call Ariel and procedes to pick up the phone. That's when I told him that I had just called and no one was there and I left a message. We both wanted to hear how her day at school was. No problem there.
Well, a few minutes go by and he goes into the back room with the phone and the phone book. A few minutes later he comes out and tells me that he called his sister's house.
Okay... I give him a curious look "Why? I just told you no one was home and I left a message."
"I wanted to talk [to his sister] about Aaron's medication. We talked about this today." He told me. My memory is much sharper nowadays.
"Ammm... no we didn't. We talked about it 3 or 4 days ago."

I'm slightly annoyed... my thoughts are, he didn't trust me.

Here's the kicker of it all...
Late that night, about 9:30pm, Ariel's time 12:30pm, it hits me I didn't hear from her. So I ask Barry about it. He replies, oh yeah she called, I forgot to tell you.
"What did she say? How did school go for her?"
"Oh she didn't say nothing much, just that she had a test...." the phone rang and he ran off to answer it. I never did hear the rest of what was said between the two of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home