Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Game of Chess

If there is one thing I have learned from my life this last year it's how to play the game of chess. It's stragety game, one that takes sometime to play out in your mind so you make the right move. Sometimes you lose pieces, sometimes you sacrifice pieces to win a better situation. Chess is often times a game you have to play out in it entirity in your head from just one move. Such is the way with my life. I have learned that my silence was a bad move. Over time I have learned that I can use it to benefit me. Sacrficing came when I let Ariel go out to Michigan. It was a move that I hold against my husband for forcing me to make and not supporting me in. But the end result will be hopefully bringing my daughter closer to me and cool her temper. I have learned to set a goal, to make a move and see how it plays out. With a game plan it makes things so much easier. I'm focused and determined. The end goal, checkmate, is my light at the end of the tunnel. Because the reality of the goal is so obtainable I already feel my peace. I know that there will be may more things that I will go through before this ends, good grief the holidays are almost upon us and that is always an emotional roller coaster. Not having my family in it's whole during Christmas will be hard and may make me even more determined to reach my goal.

So... this is my game of Chess. My bad moves were keeping silent about my feelings and the issues I had with my family this last summer. Lesson learned: speak the truth loud and often.
My sacrfice move: Letting Ariel go to Michigan. Living with my husband in which I will be losing my house and all that we have bought together through the years. I will leave everything to him except the kids & the books.
Checkmate: Leaving with my sanity, finding peace and knowing that I will be free from being hurt and treated like I not the beautiful person I know I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home