Thursday, September 01, 2005

We Have An Understanding

With one phone call my life seem to come to an understanding. I realized why I was being pushed away by my family and completely understood. As I sat there listening to my aunt having to answer questions concerning my character, I knew why my husband hated me so much and I wondered what I could do to help mend the marriage. My aunt has asked me if I had an affair on my husband and was communicating with him via the internet to keep our secret... I sat down in awe over the accusation and then finding my voice I replied firmly... "NO" and then asked her why she would think such a thing. Apparently my teenage daughter has been using my silence against me and telling everyone that I've been having an affair on my husband. She used my husband's in securities much the same way. She was the driving wedge between my husband and I. Trying to work the past year out in my head, I realized that Ariel was indeed the source of my issues. Nearly everytime Barry and I fought it was because of something she had done or had said to him. I soon saw that I had choosen to not say anything to anyone about my issues with him to my family Ariel had decided to inform them of everything, telling them exactly what she wanted, which wasn't near the truth at all. She has convinced all her cousins that I did have an affair.
Needless to say I didn't know what to do... I struggled with calling Barry and telling him what I learned... I wanted to keep it a secret... I got angry with him and her for thinking the worse of me. Regardless of feelings I needed to talk, I needed to say something, was this not how she planted the seed of doubt by using my silence against me?
I called Barry...
It took about an hour of conversation, no accusations, no yelling, no anger... he listened... but I wondered if he heard me. Finally I asked him what he thought. 'I believe you, he told me.' I nearly fell of the couch. 'So what are we going to do?' 'I want to romance you like we did before we were married and then deal with the daughter.'
Our marriage for the last two weeks has been wonderful... our family is a whole different issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home