Monday, April 24, 2006

Is There Life After Divorce?

I've been living on my own, away from "him" for a good month now. I had intentions of leaving prior to that, but things didn't work out the way I wanted. It's nice living without the stress, and I have good friends who have noted that I look back to my normal carefree self. I knew I was depressed before, a feeling I have never wanted to experience in my life, so it was time for action. But to take that step and actually leave was a difficult one, one that takes a strong amount of courage.

Being on your own with responsibilities is difficult and then, what I have come to call 'mini' battles, begin. They don't make it any easier. But I have learned to not say a word, but listen. Often times, the best way to kill a fire isn't to feed it. Trust me when I say, that is a challenge for me to stay quiet. I'm not one to sit back and snap out a sarcastic remark when I feel the urge.

One thing is foresure in all of this. I'm HAPPY. I mean it, I'm really happy! When I see 'him' I feel all knotted up inside and sick to my stomach, which makes it very clear to me that I'm better off without 'him'. I could rant and rave about the turmoil I have felt during this last year. I could even explain to you the reason why our marriage ended. But those are long sad stories that add no real value to anyone's life other than having said everything out in the open. And I'm not one to air out the dirty laundry. Besides that... My motto in life is that life is meant to be enjoyed. And how can I do that if I'm stewing over unhappy times. I'm past those moments now.

Which brings me to my point of this blog...

Is there life after divorce? God I hope so!

As I lay in my bed, alone. I wonder what it would be like. I remember being single 11 years ago. I dated, and hated it! So I questioned myself, why? Why was dating so horrible back then? Because it wasn't fun. I was young and weak. Now I'm older, a little wiser, and feeling much braver nowadays, I know that I want to have fun. I want to travel. I want to explore. I want to take pictures of people smiling and enjoying themselves. I want to be my carefree self again (I won't forget I have responsibilities ~ so not too carefree).

But I still can't help but wonder, is it possible to have life after divorce? Or am I fooling myself with my wild imagination yet again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home