Sunday, April 30, 2006

Does The Spirit Know Abuse?

I've had a few days to think about this and come to the conclusion that the spirit is what is taking care of me. I was talking to one of the ladies at work about the situation between Ariel and Barry. One of the things that has always bother me about the end of my marriage is the relationship between my husband and daughter. It was more like they were dating, like when Barry and I were dating before our marriage. He would take her shopping, to the movies, out to eat and they would tell each other everything. Never was I included on any of this. I was treated as an outsider... the enemy.

Anyways, back to the lady at work. I told her about this and her reply was "That's child abuse."

It is?

Now I was aware it was a unhealthy relationship. It was extremely immature on his part, but is it really child abuse? She talked to me a bit about it and convinced me it was. I still don't quiet understand the whole thing but I do know that it was the spirit that was guiding me to move the two away from each other. The spirit was unsettled and it tore at my soul to have the relationship continue the way it was.

When I was able to seperate the two of them my life started to take hold. I felt it was the right thing to do on all accounts. The contention in the house almost vanished instantly. I still had issues with Ariel but nothing like I had. It was as if Barry had inabled her to do wrong things. I know he let her out at night and lied to me about it on many different occasions.

As I look back on the situation I have become painfully aware that the spirit was telling me that things weren't right. And now as my life is starting over I feel so much better. I have never experienced such a struggle in my spirit as I did for those very long months during the summer of 2005.

My coworker has said that it looked like divorce was good for me... It is... but it's even better for my spirit. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home